Saturday, January 24, 2009

I'm coming out of my shell and I've been doing just fine...

Let me begin by saying I am NOT a runner. Yes, I run a couple of times a week but it's not really "running" it's called jogging. I don't run fast and at times I walk. Somedays I struggle just to run 3 miles because I am just not feeling it or my brain says, this is dumb why are you out here. I've entered two runs in my life. Both 5Ks done 6 years apart. Ironically, the one I did this past December was only 27 seconds slower then when I was younger and in, what I thought was, good shape. Let's just average the two and say my 5k is 30:21. So, not fast and not slow. Just ehhh.

It's 2009 and it's time for me to focus on one thing that is just me. This year that one thing would be running. Be it a 5K, 10K, half-marathon, and a lofty marathon that is what I will be working towards as the year progresses.

I needed a place where I could say Hey, look what I did today and hopefully get a few followers and friends that I can follow that are working on the same type of journey. Or hey, if you just want to say good job or slacker... that's fine, too.

With that, let's begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment