Saturday, May 1, 2010

The new orthotics....

I hit the trail this afternoon. 4.26 miles in 39:42 minutes and as much as I'd love to say I was ache free, I wasn't. :(

The first mile or two I was feeling okay. Thinking I just had to work out the kinks but by the end I could feel the aches creeping up my leg. Boooooo. So, no magic in those new orthotics. We'll see how it goes on Monday. I'm bummed.

Once home I stretched some more then iced.... walking down the stairs just was an irritating ache. It wasn't like shin splints but that irritating IT band feeling but surrounding my knee and down the leg... which I am thinking might be tendon related. That is from all the reading I've been doing on anything that could possibly be wrong.

And my foot. Hmmm, well, that ache was still there, too. Boo. Lame.

I'm just wondering what the heck I'm not doing that is causing this. I'm starting to doubt my ability to do the Rock n Roll in June if I can't get any miles any but 4. Uuugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment