Sunday, March 28, 2010

Trying new things...

Saturday I had a 6-mile run on my schedule. I was going to try out my new amphipod so I'd actually have water while I ran and a GU packet (blackberry flavor). Oh, and my new Sugoi top. I'm finding I like the fit of their tops (which is important) but am still in search of a tank to wear running.

Anyway, I wasn't sure how I'd do with having the amphipod. I'm so anal about things not feeling right or throwing me off so I was really expecting it to. But it really didn't bother me. I have to admit it was SO NICE to have water on hand. Granted I still haven't mastered the drinking and running act BUT, I'm sure that will come with practice.

Long story short, my run went just fine. I could have gone farther but I'm being a good girl and sticking to the plan and not overdoing it. I still need another adjustment on my orthotic and my left calf/shin area is sore but overall everything felt good.

mile 1- 9:11
mile 2- 9:14
mile 3- 9:04
mile 4- 9:06
mile 5- 9:09
mile 6- 9:56 (walked up a hill)
last .29- 2:21 (8:14 pace)

Total: 6.29 miles/58:03/9:14 pace

.... will write more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment