Friday, March 12, 2010

Slacker

I know I said I'd be back but then I forgot what email address I was using for blogger and the password... and one email which happens to be this one I can't connect to, so I have to remember to do the switch. What a mess. ha!

Anyway, I've kept up on my running... Yeah Me! Getting my 3 days a week in but slacking on the biking. Ooops! I have a "new" foot issue going on. It's right in the ball joint area of my second toe on my right foot. Get all that? When I press on it it feels bruised and pretty much every shoe I wear "except" my running shoe is slightly uncomfortable. I honestly think there is an issue with my orthotic. I've had these custom made ones since April??? So, almost a year, and I was never confident in that right foot. I had to keep going back for adjustments. Well, enoughs enough. I called today to make an appointment. Which of course, wont be for another week and a half unless there's a cancellation. I "could" have gone today but it wouldn't make sense to when I am runnin in a 3.8 mile St. Patty's run and I can't do that on a "newly adjusted" orthotic. Especially if the new fix makes it worse. So, I had to take the next available. So, I'm a little annoyed with the whole orthotic deal. My left foot feels perfect.... the right just isn't working. I almost feel like my foot's sliding more, too. I've tried all sorts of different socks and on my run yesterday I went to my super thick Thoros so it padded my foot better. I might actually try wearing two different socks next week.

Eating has been going really well. I have been adding Chia Seeds to my smoothies and I don't know if it's psychological or what but I actually "feel" better. But I also haven't had wine or any alcohol since Sunday so that could be it, too. ha! I might get on the Maca powder bandwagon, too. We'll see. I'm really hoping to get some renewed energy and keep my body healing as I put in longer runs.

Like I said, I have the run on Sunday. It's not a typical 5K because it's 3.8 miles. I make a point in telling people that because in reality there IS a difference when it comes to your time. And well, I'm a numbers person, and I want the details to be accurate. ha! I still haven't decided if I'm going to do the half-marathon on May 1. That will probably depend on getting this foot thing resolved. I think it would be a good motivator because it put it a month and a half before the Rock n Roll but I don't want to push it either. So, just playing it by ear. I'll know the day before they raise the price. ;)

Enjoy your weekend, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment