Sunday, April 18, 2010

Ho-Hum...

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyy? Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? Oh Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy me?

Dramatic much?

Being a good lil' girl I went on a bike ride, this time with my 9 year old son. We went ten miles. Once I got home I figured since I was warmed up I'd try out my "legs." That lasted 1.9 miles. Siiigggghhhh.. Grumble grumble.

As much as I complain about running and all that I am realizing how much I enjoy it. I keep thinking that it's the one thing that is "mine." I'm decent at it and I'm learning alot while I'm doing it and now it's been taking away from me. I guess that sounds a little dramatic, too?

So the weekly line up is: Podiatrist on Tuesday, PT on Thursday. Woooo hooo.

I'll probably try a little running again with my compression socks "on the trail." And if it hurts, yes, I'll stop. Of course, I'll be back on the bike. I definitely do not get the satisfaction with my bike rides as I do when I run. But what am I going to do, right?

I've been looking up stress fractures, too. Is it possible I have one and it's not shin splints? I don't even get into the sports medicine doctor until May 4th. GOOD GRIEF, huh? I keep reading how you are not to do too much too fast. So, I was a good girl when I started training and stuck to the "novice" training plan for the 1/2 marathon. AND I even started the training plan six weeks earlier then I needed to "in case" something came up. So, I haven't even gone over the mileage because I was so afraid of injury. Uuugh. I'm really praying I can just get my new orthotics and I'll have the spring back in my step. I'm at the same position I was last year at this time training for the exact same 1/2 marathon. Except last time I think I did too much too fast and didn't follow a plan. So, yeah, great. Isn't this fun?

So, I need to quit being a negative nelly, it's hard, but maybe if I think positively only good things will come? ha ha hah aha ha... Sorry.

On to a new week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment