Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Uuugh...

Weird things going on with these ol' legs lately. I'm kind of wondering wth the podiatrist was thinking by taking me off my old orthotics, putting me into an over the counter, UNTIL they make my new ones. Not only do I have shin splints but my IT Band is as irritable as EVER. I tried to run yesterday and made it 2.87 miles. I literally had to stop and hobble on home. It was ridiculous. Earlier that day I was at physical therapy and she worked my calf/shin HARD which probably irritated the IT band that we ran out of time to work on. So, today I've been icing and stretching like a mad woman. BUT, I'm going to be good and am NOT attempting to run tomorrow. I am going to hop on my bike and ride instead and head back to PT tomorrow afternoon. Then I'll try to run again on Saturday or Sunday.

I get casted for the new orthotics on Tuesday. They said it would take about 2 weeks to get them back but I'm pretty sure I'm going to buck up the money and do a rush order. We've got to get me back into the normal saddle again, sooner then later.

The foot issue is NOTHING compared to the other aches and pains. But I've also been babying my foot and making sure not to go on my tip toes but if I push on the area it still feels like it's bruised so.....

OH, AND, if you aren't sick of me complaining yet, here's the other thing. In November, I bought a pair of Brooks and have been running in those. BUT now that I don't have the orthotics in them I feel like they do not fit my feet as well anymore. So, I pulled out my Asics that I had before and I feel like my foot is so much more cushioned and supportive. OH, and I've gotten a few blisters wearing both the shoes now, when before, Nothing. WTH? ha! I'm a mess, aren't I?

Obviously, I'm not doing the 1/2 on May 1.

1 comment:

  1. I'm getting blisters on my feet too! Blisters in spots that I NEVER got blisters in before when I was running. It's SO lame! I hope you feel better soon. I know, it's no fun!

    ReplyDelete