Friday, January 15, 2010

Amazing Grass.. Uh Superfood?

The other day I was at Whole Foods and remembered that I had read about some Amazing Grass to add to my Green Monsters. So I picked up a couple individual packets because there was no way I was going to pay the bucks for something that ended up tasting like, umm, dirt.

This morning I decided to try one. Since it was a berry flavor I figured I'd mix it in with some mixed berries in case it was bad and I just wasted an entire smoothie. So, I combined my ground flax, spinach, banana, mixed berries, and the Amazing Grass and gave it a whirl.

Umm, yeah.

I can't imagine what it would have been like if I wouldn't have used the mixed berries. I'm currently trying to choke down my glass. I was really hoping I wouldn't taste it. Or at least it didn't have a flavor, I guess. It's just earthy in a fake earth type of way. It actually reminds me of those instant breakfast drinks I use to drink as a kid because we thought it would be healthier then hersheys syrup. ha!

Well, it's suppose to be give me energy and I have a weight workout to do when I'm done so I guess we'll see if I have a little extra something to give... But I have to finish the glass first. I just have pretend I'm on Survivor and having to drink blended squid with goat milk.

.........

I didn't notice any burst of energy so the Amazing Grass just wasn't so Amazing. But I'll try it in something else, I'm sure, cuz I like to torture myself like that sometimes.

My workout went along fine. Always fun to do pushups with a 38 pound 4 year old sitting on your back because they can't stray more then a half inch from you during your workout. Yes, that's my life. ha! Which is why I took up running. I think they forgot to cut the cord when she was born and is somehow still attatched by some invisible umbilical cord.

The rest of my food consumption was ummm, less then desirable. I had a salad for lunch with some shrimp, greens, sprouts, veggies... topped with a blueberry/pomegranate dressing. But the salad didn't cut it so I had a slice of cheddar cheese. Then I walked into the pantry and grabbed some almonds.

Then at 3PM we headed to the movies. And who AM I to say No to popcorn. Really? Not this girl. So a large popcorn for 3 of us... we wont talk about who ate the most.... we'll just move on.

Came home and my husband asked what was for dinner. I said "YOU are having a hamburger" and handed him the bag from the grocery store... "I had popcorn...."

Then I opened the fridge and ate 5 strawberries.

The End!

Oh wait, then I ate an apple with some peanut butter....

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't sound appetizing in the least...props for drinking it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally guilty of eating popcorn for lunch/dinner. Always with a side of Dots though. ;)

    ReplyDelete