Thursday, January 28, 2010

Shin Splints....

Yes, it was too good to be true. How quickly those shin splints appeared once I upped my mileage. It hit about the same point in the mile marker as it did before. Hopefully, this time I am quicker to nip it in the butt then I was last time. It's only on my left shin (at the moment) and although it's not killing me (yet) it's enough to make running uncomfortable and annoying.

I went 3.71 miles today. That wasn't my plan but knew immediately that things weren't going to look up the further I went. So I cut it short... even my time was much slower... 37 minutes. So, tomorrow at my appointment, I'll go in stressing the importance of fixing this NOW and not a week before a half marathon. ha!

Foods been pretty boring today too. Green Monster for breakfast, Salad for lunch, some cinnamon something letter cookies from Trader Joes.

Dinner will be BBQ Pork Ribs and whatever else I decide to throw out there. More then likely broccoli (since that's the only green veggie I have besides lettuce/spinach). I'm not starving so that's a probably good thing tonight, otherwise I'd probably make a big ol' feast full of fat.

Hoping everyone is having a wonderful week and doing all they can to continue on the road to health and happiness.

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you have shin splints. I really hope you can do something and move forward quickly! I know how frustrating they can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shin splints are evil! Stretch and ice lots!!! Mine developed into stress fractures, so unfortunately I learned the hard way! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry, the above comment was me, just was logged into the wrong profile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definately stretch your calves as much as you can. When those get tight, your anterior muscles have to work overtime to pull your ankle up and start to wear. Ice and stretch is right. Ibuprofen, aleve, etc. Rest and did I mention stretch (hamstrings too)

    ReplyDelete