Thursday, January 7, 2010

Pounding the pavement...

In an hour I'll be out there in the brisk Winter air doing my first run since ummmm, December 28th (when I ran a mile on the cruise ship track but got very bored quickly). ha! I am hoping to get in about 4 miles? We will see how my body cooperates. Once I get out there it's just a matter of putting one foot in front of the other but man, it's much easier to talk myself out of it. But, I can't....

I turn 38 tomorrow. That's no excuse.

.....Running Update.......

Boy, that was slooooooooow going. I started out with all sorts of energy because I was wound up about finding out I had to get my daughter pre-registered for preschool in the Fall. That day. A heads up might have been nice. ha!

So, I started all nice and felt good... then things started to feel off. I walked up the steep hill. I continued to run. Cut it a little short because my body just was not feeling it today. I don't know if this happens to anyone else but when it's cool out do your ears get plugged up? Like you feel like you are breathing out of your ears???? So every breath almost echos through your head???And my toes. I still cannot figure out why when I start to run my toes go numb. Eventually it comes back but it's like my feet are too cold then they warm up and feel fine. So, I had that going on. As soon as I got close to my house my back started to tighten up and feel tweekish. That, was enough for me to stop.

So, a quick 2.38 miles. Came inside and stretched and did 5 minutes of planks/pillars.

I think it'll be easier to do a nice run this weekend when I don't feel as rushed and I can focus on the things that are making me uncomfortable versus just trying to get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment