Tuesday, January 19, 2010

This week seems long already...

Today's Run:

4.54 miles in 44:16 minutes. Pace of 9:42. Ho hum. I walked up the big hill.. and got stopped by a friend. And man I'm tired tonight. I think it's the whole being consistent that is making me realize I need more sleep if I'm going to try and be a superstar. I was telling my husband that I feel so much better when I can just wake up on my own... even if it's at 6AM. That's much easier then the alarm going off or hearing one of the kids wake up. I'm the lightest sleeper on the earth so these sounds I'm hearing can be so annoying sometimes.



FOOD:



1. Oatmeal with a banana and almond butter



2. Tuna on a thin bun with a side of fruit cocktail. I can't stand fruit cocktail but I had a can of it and wanted to see if I still hated it. Yep, I do.



3. Green Monster Smoothie... and let me say that this was a GREAT one today. I used my usual, ground flaxseed, almond milk, banana, and spinach... BUT I added some crushed pineapple that I threw in the freezer last night. It's almost like a pina colada. WHICH then made me think that maybe tomorrow (since I'm out of almond milk) I'll use the coconut water I have with the rest of the pineapple. Doesn't that sound yummy????



4. Pork chops, peas, wild rice, and salad


Other Runs:

I've been looking into some other runs. It's hard to find anything further then a 5K or less then a 1/2 marathon around here. I'd like to find an in betweener to do in April or so to continue with that race feeling. Figure I'll do a 5K in February (because I think I can drag a friend along) but other then that, I don't know.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you. This week seems super long and it's only Wednesday. Eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't opened a can of fruit cocktail i a VERY long time. All I can think of are those wrinkled up grapes in there. ;)

    ReplyDelete