Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Woke up in the morning feeling like P. Diddy....

And so it goes, we begin another week.

I dropped my daughter off at preschool and I came home and stretched knowing it was time... time for a run....

5.95 miles in 54:23 with a pace of 9.05.

Keep on keeping on. I am closing in on the mileage where things start aching... and yes, I feel it. My IT Band on my right leg is feeling a little grinding.... my left shin is starting to throb.... So, I head to physical therapy on Friday for my twice a week workouts once again. I'm biting all this early. I'm also going to ask about figuring ways to relax my back when I'm done because it's soooooooo tight afterwards... and lets not forget about the numbness coming back when it's cold.

I'm a whole bundle of fun now aren't I???

On the food front, I'm doing fine.

Lets see, before my run I had a rice cake and a Green Monster smoothie made with my new favorite coconut water...

Then after my run I drank the other half of the Green Monster....

Lunch was some Healthy Choice Soup and a can of mandarin oranges.

Then I snacked on an apple with peanut butter.

Dinner was a chicken pot pie soup which was lacking in flavor. Not sure why it was rated 5 stars. Lame. Oh, and a slice of asiago cheese bread.

And now it's 8PM. I don't know if I'll have anything else. I'm just not that hungry on the days I run. I'm more tired then anything. I just feel so run down. What's the solution to that? But on days I lift weights I feel just fine. Do I need more food or is it my body adjusting to being a little bit more productive with my body?

There's a chance I'll be doing a half marathon on May 1. My husband asked me why I hadn't signed up but it was one of those, well, I thought about it but since it's an inaugural event and deemed "fast and flat" it kind of scares me. 13 miles FAST? Doh. What does that mean? Are all the people going to be running 6 minute miles or what?

Tomorrow's a lower body workout. If my IT band starts bugging me then I think I'll switch it up to Abs and no squats. No worries. I'm feeling stronger this year then last so cross your fingers my body holds it together.

1 comment:

  1. Good job on your workout. I'm not sure what the deal is, but I'm finding it tough to get through my runs as well - although I'm not quite up to the same distance as you are.

    Not sure what to tell you about feeling sluggish. Maybe try to get a little more protein in at lunch? I find if I do a light lunch I'm usually more tired by the time I get home from work.

    I drank a GM after my 4 mile run yesterday morning before work and was going strong most of the day. I even had to play a volleyball game last night.

    Good luck on the 1/2 marathon if you decide to run it! I'm registered to run one on April 18th. Its my first one and I'm scared to death! There's at least two hills and a gradual incline at the end - awesome. I start my training on Feb. 9th. Oh boy.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete