Thursday, January 14, 2010

Will it or will it not rain today?

I'm saying it will rain... how much, I don't know. It's already sprinkling but I can roll with that. Must get that run in this afternoon. Why can't you feel as good before you run then you do after? I am hoping for 4 miles today. I'm just running out of routes so some people better start planting flowers or painting their homes. I need new scenery.

Meals (will update tonight):

1. Green Monster Smoothie (spinach, flax meal, almond milk, banana, and some pears that I had in the fridge). Not a fan of the pear texture thrown in there BUT the flavor is nice.

2. Tuna on a thin bun with avocado and tomato with a side of green beans.

3. Skinny cinnamon dulce latte (I'm just including that because it's a beverage that involves calories)

4. Egg casserole (just wasn't in the mood to cook much)

.... MY RUN....

Guess what happened just as I was about to go for my run??? You guessed it.. RAIN. Doh. BUT, since I wimped out yesterday I had to suck it up today. I put on my waterproof jacket and headed... early realizing the jacket isn't that comfortable to run in, but.............

I didn't go as far as I wanted (the wind started to blow) so I stopped at 3.04 miles in a time of 28:28. It's all good. I feel better now that I went out there.

4 comments:

  1. it sucks having to plan your run around the weather...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of texture did it have? I don't notice a different texture, but I do like the taste of it. I got mango chunks at Trader Joe's today. Haven't tried that combo yet, but since you mentioned it, I thought I'd give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audra: It felt gritty in my mouth. Like a pear. Ha! You know how pears just have that texture kind of like apple sauce. It didn't taste bad and I'd probably do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 miles- excellent, especially in the rain.

    One of my favorite sayings is "Suck it up cupcake." It was the header on my blog for a while... so, I say it to you now-

    way to suck it up cupcake!

    ReplyDelete