Monday, January 11, 2010

A new week...

Monday's are usual my catch up day. I feel like I can get things done when 3 out of the 5 of us are out of the house. So, I did laundry, cleaned the bathroooms... all that dumb stuff.

I went for an afternoon run. Yes, I did! Phew. Today was 3.64 miles in 34:16. I don't think I'll ever be a fast runner. I read about people running 7-8 minute miles IN A ROW (ha!) and I just don't think I was born to be quick like that. It could be that I'm 5'4" or that I just don't have that endurance... I don't know. But I guess slow and steady works for me. I'll be heading back to physical therapy next week so hoping I'll get some strength to get me through this year.

FOOD:

1. Green Monster Smoothie

2. Tuna w/avocado/tomato on an earthgrain thin bun that I keep reading about. (http://www.earthgrains.com/products_thin_multi.html)

3. Apple w/peanut butter

4. Braised beef w/red potatoes, green beans, and salad. Oh, and a piece of baguette.

5. Handful of pretzels

4 comments:

  1. YUM just found your blog and I'm loving all the healthy meal ideas! Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Just found your blog, too!

    Not sure if it will make you feel any better, but I'm 26, 5'4" and my 5K PR is 30:28. I'd LOVE to be able to run 3.64 in 34:16 without dying!! So, way to go!!

    I recently registered for my first Half-Marathon and I'm nervous because I'm so slow, but my goal is just to run the whole thing and finish - not break any records. I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that my body wasn't built for speed, it was built for endurance. (but sometimes I even question that!)

    :)

    BTW, I'm thinking about trying a Green Monster, but I'm scared. haha I love spinach but all that spinach scares me!

    Lightbulb moment: I wonder if that's what Rene Russo's character in "The Thomas Crown Affair" is drinking in the one scene where she just flew in from overseas... eureeka!

    Sorry, I'm notorious for long comments - just imagine my posts! haha

    Alright, I'm done. Sorry for the novel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I will try that tuna avocado on a grain, sounds good!! Hey, you can do the 1/2! I'm not a 'runner build' either, but the more I do it, the more I like it! Keep positive, a lot of the longer running (IMHO at least!) is a mental thing. It's helped me keep going.

    Check back by me-I start training Feb 1st for my 2nd full Mary, Wisconsin Marathon May 1st. I will post my training schedule and the like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lacey: The Green Monster isn't really spinachy. You just need to blend it really well. And if you add stronger fruits like berries then those will come through versus the spinach.

    and I wouldn't worry about speed for the 1/2 marathon. I did my first one last June and came in at 2:22:06... I was just glad I did it. I'll be doing another one this June and I am hoping to be more "prepared" for it.

    ReplyDelete