Sunday, January 17, 2010

The weekend....

I guess the reason I didn't post anything yesterday was because well, it didn't revolve around me exercising and eating well. I met my husband around 11 at Red Hook Brewery for lunch where I consumed pita/hummus and then a chipotle chicken sandwich. I guess that doesn't sound that bad does it? But it felt like I stuffed my face. Probably because I drank two beers with my lunch AND we did the brewery tour and got more beer. I use to be a beer drinker. Then something happened, I could hardly drink them anymore. I think my limit is 3 and that's pushing it because I get so FULL. Uuugh. Why waste my stomach room on beer. Geeeesh!

For dinner I had grilled pork tenderloin, green beans, and mashed potatoes.

Now when I see all that in writing I'm wondering what I ate. It's really not a whole lot but I was so full all day. Blah!

I knew I would be running this morning so as much as I have in the past ran on a totally empty stomach I'm realizing how difficult that has been on me lately. So, about 45 minutes before I was to run I had a piece of toast topped with peanut butter.

My run today was okay. I knew I had to go further then the usual 3 but didn't have the time to go 5. So, today was 4.18 miles in 39:18. Next weekend I'll push for that 5 miles. That was a 9:28 average pace and it's nice for me to see my mileage in the 9 minutes versus 10... which is really a change from last year.

Then I had to take my daughter to a birthday party so it wasn't close to 2:15 that I ate again. I wasn't starving so I made a green monster. Realized it wasn't enough and had some cheddar with some of the best crackers in the land. Back to Nature Multigrain Flax. Droooool. Love 'em.

Tonight for dinner we are having pork stir fry with the leftover tenderloin.

I guess all in all the food hasn't been too bad but I guess I just feel like it has been in a you are not getting all your meals in type of way.

Tomorrow's a new day.

1 comment:

  1. I used to be a beer drinker as well, but not anymore, it makes me feel bloated too. I'm a wine drinker now. You still got your run in, so nice job!

    ReplyDelete