Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Oh Wednesday... Oh Wednesday...

Today was, well, Wednesday... and although I had good intentions of making everything fall into place, it didn't. I really don't have alot of problems when it comes to food. I know what's good to eat and I know how to eat well.... BUT guess what happened at 3:30 today????

It started to POUR DOWN RAIN! I've ran in snow, I've ran in sun, I've rain in rain, BUT I do NOT run in pouring down rain. I live in the Seattle area and we know rain.... this is the ridiculous stuff that soaked me walking to our BBQ to make dinner. Uuugh. So, my excuse today was that stupid rain outside that prevented me from venturing out for a run. If it was sprinkling... yes... but I Just. Could. Not. Do. It.

So, we will talk about my food instead. I like food. A Lot! It doesn't even have to be junk food but I love it and I love it when it's something new. Which is why I am so excited to find new ways to make oatmeal. I'm 38 years old. You'd think I'd have learned that it's okay to add something other then brown sugar to it.

1. Oatmeal with a banana, almond butter, and goji berries mixed in.


2. TJ's Chile Lime Chicken burger on thin bun with sauteed mushrooms/onions and salsa.

3. Couple pieces of dark chocolate

4. BBQ London Broil, baked cauliflower, steamed green beans.

I really hope to add more exciting stuff to this blog in the coming weeks and pass along new and exciting things that I learn. Well, maybe exciting to me.

4 comments:

  1. Running in rain is fine, but a down pour -- not so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oatmeal with almond butter and banana is one of my favorites! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't do pouring rain either...that's where the line is drawn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm your oatmeal sounds good. I always need new ideas for breakfast. I usually eat the same thing for a few weeks then get bored and need something new. ;)

    ReplyDelete