Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Food Journal

A few years back... well, actually, not a few 8 years ago I did Body For Life. (Hard to believe it was that long ago). The ideas behind the program have stuck with me all these years but I'm not as strict of a follower. My meals usually have a carb/protein/veggies but I don't freak out if I stray from all that anymore.


One of the main ideas of the program was to plan and write down everything... Meals and workouts and feelings for the day. I think that's where I am lacking right now. All my runs over the last couple of months are uploaded onto mapmyrun.com (so I've got that covered) but I need to make sure I see what I'm eating, too. I'll probably bore you all with it and I wont go into exact measurements but it'll be nice to see in print how I'm feeding this ol' body of mine.

Before I get behind, already, here's yesterday:

...Green Monster Smoothie http://greenmonstermovement.com/













Erin's Breakfast Cookie (I just wanted something quick that I could walk around and eat while I was picking up the house)




















...A handful of Raw Almonds


Lean Cuisine Panini (obviously I'm seeing a bad trend here). Already eating stuff out of packages. Must stop.



...Dinner was homemade Chili and a green salad.



...Snack was an apple with peanut butter.



.............Exciting???? no?



Hoping for a better day today.

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog! I too need to start food journaling again. I found it to be very effective when I tried it way back when...

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my New Year's resolutions is to journal my workouts. I kept track of milage when I was marathon training and one month last year, but have never been good at tracking it long term. This year is the year! Best wishes with your food journaling and eating less things out of packages (I'm guilty of that today, too). Happy running!

    ReplyDelete